Visual social media marketing consists in using visual contents like images, video and info-graphic to convey a message in a strongly and impressive way.
In fact 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual and visual contents are processed faster than text ones. In addition 65% of humans are visual learners and 92% of people make decisions based on visual factors when they do shopping.
Usually those data could help us to understand why images and video are liked and shared much more than text contents and, in addition, how winning can be a social marketing campaign based on visual contents.
In fact, images get the message across in a more direct and emotive way that involve us immediately: humans can make instantly an emotional connection with pictures. For this reason people are pushed to take action and make decision quicker by visual content than by text content.
Now, we can imagine how a visual content can easily become viral and produce successful marketing results, but what makes a visual truly good and shareable?
- It catches the attention: a visual content has to hit the nail on the head immediately. Commit your project to a very good and creative graphic.
- It creates a connection: a visual content has to be about something common and emotively linked. The user should immediately sense that the image speaks directly to him. You can use some references which create good sensations and evoke something pleasant like irony, love, childhood, etc.
- It tells a whole new story: a very good visual content embraces a new and innovative point of view on everyday situations. Showing an alternative perspective makes your content unforgettable and viral.
- It gives users what they need: a good visual content is conceived directly with the users need. Studying the interest and the possible problems of your target users can help you to create powerful contents with a high potential of sharing.
- It speak as users do: Use the language of the users. You can study internet trend and hot tendencies and ride the wave of it.
Which social networks to use and for what?
Facebook: Compared to links, pictures on Facebook are shared 7 times more and liked 10 times more. You can use this social network to reach a huge number of people and increase your brand awareness. Give life to your products and messages with images. Use short text messages and combine them with high-quality images or videos.
You can also use images which demonstrate users unusual ways to use your product or show behind the scene moments of your company’s everyday life.
Tumblr: Tumblr is a microblogging social network that can be considered the meeting point between a blog platform and a social network. Tumblr has turned into the kingdom of viral contents thanks to his user-friendly operation and high chance of customize. The majority of brands still don’t understand the potential of Tumblr. Be a pioneer and let your brand reputation grow!
Pinterest: One user out of three affirms that he has purchased a product item as a result of seeing the picture on an image sharing community (26% did it clicking directly on the picture and 6% did it by looking for it on a different website). It is possible to understand how influent Pinterst can be in marketing for several purposes: for the creation of conversions and sales, for the spread of new tendencies and to start new crazes.
Instagram: Instagram is the image-based social network king: there are 575 likes and 81 comments by instagram users per second. You can use Instagram profiles to reach a wide audience and to create engagement with contests asking users to use a particular hashtag or promocode. Instagram is a stage that can make miracles for your brand popularity!
Appearances matter, especially in marketing.